vendredi 29 janvier 2010

The Wood Guy

13 commentaires:

Jim a dit...

Good to find you up and posting your work again. I'm assuming "the wood guy" delivers firewood, but it is possible there are other explanations, of course. This one gives me the impression that it is something visualized in memory, the way you have shaded the pencil or charcoal leaving the interior, as well as that outside the window, without a sharpness to its form. Whatever, whyever....I like it.

Daisy a dit...

Thanks, Jim. This is another one done without my glasses. Just the way I see things. Gonna a wait a while before I tell why the Wood Guy. See if anyone else wants to take a shot at it. :)

Mich

karen gerstenberger a dit...

What a beautiful image!

So glad that you liked the "big red button." It's been funny, to realize how helpful it is. Have a great week!

Daisy a dit...

Thank you, Karen. Yes, that button is a handy little mental device that's already come in handy!

Daisy a dit...

Jim, further about the "woodguy"...

Actually it's that little guy with the hat that was made by a guy wielding a chain saw. When I was 18, a good friend of the family and I went on a cross-continental road trip for about 5 weeks and ran into this guy who carved this out of blocks of wood. While we stood there watching, he carved that guy. My friend who was like a family member gave it to me a couple of decades later.

Also, in a dream I had soon after "A.D.", I was renovating a house and referred to Jesus as the wood guy. Symbolic or what, eh?

Mich

Jim a dit...

It has always amazed me what those guys can do with a chainsaw, Not too far from our house there is a tree sculptured into the likeness of a bear. I had a brother-in-law who could whittle images and doodads like nobody I ever met, too. You got me wondering now what you mean by "A.D." in your words here. Is is something I should know and am just too late-at-night tired to put my mind around it?


Also: I have no problem with the gospel being too big to grasp in its entirety. It just helps me to at least put my own sense of "sense" to it, if that, indeed, makes sense.....

Daisy a dit...

Jim,

Sorry if I'm sounding evasive. I use B.C. and A.D. in reference to the time before and the time after "the scales fell from my eyes", so to speak. I still do have a bit of difficulty with some of the terminology of Christianity, essentially because of my own hang-ups.

:) The sense thing does make sense to me. When confronted with stuff that I don't understand, I always think of a phrase in the movie Contact;
"Small moves, Ellie, small moves."

Stratoz a dit...

I can focus better close up with my glasses off. glad Jim showed up to get the story.

Daisy a dit...

My eyes are the same, Wayne. I read without glasses but, far away, I'm blind as a bat. Unfortunately, my sonar's not very good either.

Mich

Jim a dit...

I loved that movie! Then, again, I like Jodie Foster, period.....

Daisy a dit...

I liked it too and everyone so often I watch it again. Yeah, Jodie Foster is pretty amazing.

annie a dit...

Well, I came in late, but I got the whole scoop all at once! I love this one a lot. How neat that you got to have it!

Daisy a dit...

It is cool to have it, annie. Reminder of a good time.