mercredi 3 mars 2010

On the way from Lourdes

16 commentaires:

Karen a dit...

Another beautiful painting. So moonlit and sparkling. Love it so much.

Daisy a dit...

Thank you very much, Karen.

There is some beauty to be found in this frozen prairie of ours, even at this time of the year. But when that north wind blows....can't help but dream of southern climes.

Elaine Dent a dit...

The work is stunning. Thank you. Reminds of the hymn attributed to St. Patrick: "I bind unto myself today...the whiteness of the moon at even..."

Daisy a dit...

Elaine, thank you so much.

What a lovely lyric. Timely quote as well as I'm reading a book about an Irish storyteller and he just finished telling one about St. Patrick!

Heidi Renee a dit...

breath-taking!

Stratoz a dit...

most wonderful... we hit 50 today!

Daisy a dit...

Thanks so much, Heidi. :)

Daisy a dit...

Wayne, thank you.

Wow, 50! Impressive. We're going to 0 C which is 32 F. Yahoo, we're melting....

Jim a dit...

Wow! I check here just about daily, leave for a two day romp to watch the sons play basketball, and return to this! I love the way you have captured "the wilderness" with the scene. We live here on the outskirts of the city and lose much of the heavens that others get in remote areas. When I speak of "wilderness", I mean the way you have bathed the moon in the weather itself, the aura around it. Great talent........

Daisy a dit...

Thank you, Jim. Yes, sometimes I wish the lights weren't quite so bright in the city.

I love watching basketball, volleyball, etc especially when you know the players. Fun stuff!

annie a dit...

I love this! You've done such a good job with it. Reminds me of the moon hanging over the interstate on my drive home a few weekends ago. Gorgeous!

Daisy a dit...

Thanks so much, Annie. Actually, you had a moon pic on your site that reminded me of this.

Kel a dit...

what an evocative image
just found out we're going to the northern hemisphere for our first white xmas
your painting holds the promise for me

Daisy a dit...

Hi Kel,

Thank you for the lovely comment. Welcome here and to our hemisphere later this year. :-)

Mich

karen gerstenberger a dit...

How peaceful and lovely this is - it would be a gorgeous Christmas card, if reprinted. A still, silent night.

Daisy a dit...

Thank you so much, Karen.