mercredi 19 mai 2010

winter

17 commentaires:

Hope a dit...

I'm amazed by what can be accomplished with a pencil crayon!

Daisy a dit...

Hey there Hope,

It's actually something I love doing. Kinda like mega-doodles, very therapeutic. The physical feeling of it is why I generally prefer writing with a pencil rather than a pen.

Mich

Karen a dit...

another beautiful creation--bundled against the cold and harsh winds of life...I just love it. Always love seeing your work.

Daisy a dit...

Thank you, Karen.

Slowly, I'm starting to feel the urge to doodle again. We've been having such beautifully warm weather in the last couple of weeks that winter is, thankfully, a distant blurry memory.

Mich

Stratoz a dit...

good to see your art again, now if Jim can get a story out of you ;')

Daisy a dit...

You made me laugh, Wayne. It's always good to have your visit.

Mich

Jim a dit...

Jim finally arrived. Either too much in my life at the moment or too long since you graced us here with you remarkable talent. I do not see, in this one, merely two people out in a blizzard, but more of a representation where "here sit I, warm and cozy on this side of my 'window', while humanity is cold and hungry on the other side." So tell us, my friend, what was in your mind as you created this one?......

Daisy a dit...

Hey, good to see ya, Jim!

I like your impression. What I was thinking was something close to that but much less compassionate sounding. It's a portion of an older photo of hubby and daughter out in our backyard and I was thinking how hard it is to remember the chill of winter in the middle of a warm and sunny day in May.

Has school wrapped up yet for you guys?

Mich

karen gerstenberger a dit...

WOW - I love the way this FEELS like a freezing wind. Where's my coat? It's very evocative of an east coast winter, to me.

Jim a dit...

We have the rest of this week, four days next week, and I took a personal day rather than return for what we call Records Day on June 7th. I like your approach to the picture, too, my own memory a bit foggy about things in more ways than just the thermometer working on it....

Jim a dit...

Thought I answered you this morning, Mich, but must have not followed through on something. I like your explanation, especially since it's hard for me to remember what happened this morning, much less last summer. Six more days, my friend. I took the last day, the one where it's just staff putting closure to things, off as a personal day. We lose them if we don't take them and since I seldem take any at all, it seemed wise to me......

Daisy a dit...

Hi Karen,

Glad you enjoyed this. I much prefer winter as a distant memory rather than during it's 4 to 5 month reality.

Mich

Daisy a dit...

Jim,

Wow, you guys are really at the tail end of the year! Good for you for taking that last day. I gotta admit, I'm a little jealous....

Owen a dit...

So much light and life in this. It's a blizzard yet I feel strangely warmed.

Daisy a dit...

Thanks, Owen. Maybe the trick is to paint a winter picture on the warmest day in May. So good to see you. Hope all is well with you.

karen gerstenberger a dit...

Oh, I feel this one - it reminds me of the winter that I lived in Boston! It evokes the cold, biting wind so well.

Daisy a dit...

Hi Karen,

We've had the warmest most beautiful November that I can recall so right now, I'm in complete denial about this coming winter. and it is coming....

Mich